Soup Maker Leek And Potato Soup. The ultimate guide to making leek and potato soup in the soup maker.
Soup Maker Leek & Potato Soup
This soup maker leek and potato soup was originally published on Recipe This in the February of 2017. It has been updated with new photos, improved recipe and lots of new info. We hope you like the updated version and are excited about making leek and potato soup in your soup maker.
Do you want a warming, comforting, winter soup, that tastes so good you would think cream was added, but hasn’t, that is fat free and makes you want another bowl?
Then if so, you MUST TRY a delicious bowl of our soup maker leek and potato soup.
This leek and potato soup, I originally made in my super old Cuisinart soup maker, before I got a Morphy Richards Soup Maker and I made it for Sofia. In fact it was the same month that we started Recipe This!
She would have been about a year old at the time and a super fussy little girl that was hard to feed.
I wanted to expand her food intake beyond apple, pear, carrot and broccoli. Taking her from pureed food to a nice bowl of yummy soup.
She loved my leek and potato soup on first try and so did I!
It became a regular soup in our house for a long time and now when I think of leek and potato soup, I am thinking about that cute little one year old that finally started to get an appetite.
Sofia is 5 now and in preschool. She still loves a potato soup, though thanks to her love for all things corn, she would rather have an instant pot potato corn chowder with her dad’s homemade bread maker bread.
The great thing is, that you can throw all the leek and potato soup ingredients into your soup maker and then come back later to either a chunky version of leek and potato soup or a smooth one.
You can make it for you, for that comforting bowl of soup, or for the kids when they need food that doesn’t require much chewing.
Soup Maker Chunky Leek & Potato Soup
I have briefly mentioned it above, so I wanted to mention it in more detail here, that this soup maker leek and potato soup makes a fantastic chunky soup with the soup maker.
Instead of setting the smooth button, you go for chunky instead and when it is cooked give it an extra stir with a fork.
That way as you mix it with the fork the mushy potato pieces mix in well to make a wonderful chunky soup texture.
Soup Maker Leek & Potato Soup No Cream
Potato soup is amazing. That is because when blended it is like the creamiest texture ever. I often use a bit of spare potato when I want to thicken a sauce and stew and is perfect for an alternative to corn flour.
This recipe for soup maker leek and potato soup has no cream. Instead we use the thick potatoes to make it creamy and add in some Greek Yoghurt.
You could swap Greek yoghurt for:
- Coconut milk
- Fromage Frais
Or whatever your favourite soup add in is.
Different Sized Soup Makers
This soup maker leek and potato soup is made with our Morphy Richards Soup Maker. It is rather small compared to some soup makers.
If you are working with a small soup maker, like we are, then I would recommend dicing the potatoes fairly small, so that all ingredients can fit in.
Or even better, cook our soup maker leek and potato soup in the instant pot and make a HUGE batch.
What Ingredients Go Into Soup Maker Leek & Potato Soup?
There are 5 main ingredients that go into soup maker leek and potato soup:
- Stock & Seasoning
You can use either prepped leeks or leeks that need cleaning. Though if you do need to clean them, I suggest dicing them, loading them into a sieve and giving them a good clean under a cold tap prior to loading them up into the soup maker.
That is because leeks have an awful gritty taste if not cleaned properly and can ruin your leek and potato soup.
The Soup Maker Recipe Ebook
To celebrate our love for our soup maker and our readers addiction to our soup maker recipes, we converted all our soup maker recipes into an ebook.
You can download all our recipes including the leek and potato soup (which will be in the next edition) in an easy to digest PDF.
We also update it quarterly so that premium soup maker customers can get a new Ebook each time there are updates.
How To Make Leek & Potato Soup In A Soup Maker?
- Clean your leeks
- Peel and thinly slice your garlic. Chop your leeks and potatoes into bite sized chunks.
- Load the ingredients into your soup maker along with stock and seasonings.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Soup Maker Recipe Favourites
Our soup maker leek and potato soup is one of many in our growing collection of delicious healthy soups to cook in the soup maker. Below you will find a few more suggestions to try next:
- Soup Maker Mushroom Soup – I love this as a sauce for an alternative to cream of mushroom soup in pasta dishes. But it also works very well as a mushroom soup too.
- Slimming World Speed Soup – My favourite veggie loaded soup in the soup maker. Fat free and vegan and perfect for weight loss.
- Soup Maker Beetroot Soup – A new addition to Recipe This and so delicious. If you have not tried a bright coloured cream of beetroot soup yet, then try this!
Plus, don’t forget to visit our soup maker recipes, which includes our top 40 favourite soup maker recipes.
Soup Maker Leek And Potato Soup
- Thoroughly clean your leeks.
- Peel your garlic.
- Thinly dice your potatoes and garlic and slice up your leeks.
- Load into your soup maker.
- Measure out 250ml of cold water into a mixing jug with your seasonings and mix well.
- Pour over the potatoes, leek and garlic.
- Place the lid on the soup maker and set it on the chunky soup function and it will cook it for 28 minutes.
- When it has finished give it a stir around. You’ll notice there is hardly any liquid. Give it a good prick with a fork like you would if you were testing to see if potatoes were ready for mashing. The fork pricking will then break down the potatoes and it will be the correct texture of chunky potato soup.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and place the lid back on and blend it. Or serve if you prefer a chunky soup.
- If it is too thick add a little water and then serve with croutons
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: