Sous Vide Turkey Breast. For our 3rd recipe in the Sous Vide we’re showing you how to cook turkey breast and then season it two different ways.
Sous Vide Turkey Breast
Today I am going to show you how to make the most amazing tender turkey breast in the Sous Vide.
I am sure at some time in your life you have eaten dry turkey breast. I know I have. How you need to eat your turkey breast with lots of thick gravy or a thick cheese sauce, just to get over the dryness that is entering your mouth.
The worst case I remember was eating out a restaurant for Christmas dinner. The starter and dessert were amazing, but the turkey was horrible.
I was probably about 11 at the time, but I can STILL remember it!
Dominic (my hubby) worked as a chef and specialised in roasted meats such as roast turkey, so whenever he cooks turkey breast, it is spectacular.
But for the home cook, turkey breast is often something that can be either a hit or miss and by cooking it Sous Vide you can eliminate this problem. You cook it an exact temperature, so it comes down to science rather than having to be super skilled at cooking it.
So, I am sure it is no surprise that today is the turn of Sous Vide Turkey Breast!
Sous Vide Turkey Breast For Beginners
If you’ve been following along for the last few Mondays, you will know that we are sharing with you our experiences of the sous vide every Monday for a year. This is week #5 and our third sous vide recipe.
As I have mentioned before, the Sous Vide can be overwhelming when you are a beginner as you just don’t know where to start and everyone is offering you their words of wisdom.
By showing you the Sous Vide beginners route, you can watch over our shoulder and learn as we learn.
For Sous Vide recipes so far, we have shown you Sous Vide Salmon, Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin and today Sous Vide Turkey Breast ALL without a sealing machine.
In order to do is without a sealing machine (like we are today) just make sure you buy your turkey breast already sealed.
How To Sous Vide Turkey Breast?
Sous Vide Turkey Breast is easy. In fact, that is why I am doing it for my third Sous Vide recipe, because it is EASY. You add the pre-packed turkey breast to your water bath, let it cook, then sear it once cooked.
Start by buying your favourite turkey breast and making sure it is purchased pre-sealed, like ours was.
- Get the Sous Vide set up. Place the water in your water bath, attach your precision cooker to the side of your water bath and using your app get your water bath to the correct temperature for cooking turkey breast.
- Once the water bath is at temperature add in the turkey breast sealed packets, place the lid on and come back later once your Sous Vide beeps.
- That is it. It really is that simple to make turkey breast in the Sous Vide!
Where To Source QUALITY Turkey For Sous Vide Cooking?
My 2 favourite places for online delivery of quality meat and fish is Butcher Box & US Wellness Meats. They both have different qualities.
Butcher Box is the budget friendly version that has wild salmon, grass fed beef, heritage pork and organic chicken. There is not a huge choice but its perfect for a monthly meat delivery service.
US Wellness Meats is more your big organic shop with a bit of everything. You can get items not available at Butcher Box, such as lamb, pork rinds, different cuts of beef and so on.
If you can’t get turkey breast out of season from these 2 places, then I recommend swapping your turkey breast for chicken breast.
You can read more about them below:
To me its important to source quality meat & fish when cooking Sous Vide as otherwise its just not worth the effort.
Sous Vide Turkey Breast Temperature?
We cooked our Sous Vide Turkey Breast at 56.5 degrees Celsius for 3 hours. This produced moist and tender turkey breast. It was also still firm enough for the searing treatment afterwards. As well as this there was no sign of any dryness.
Our Sous Vide Journey So Far
If you would like to catch up on our Sous Vide story so far then here are the other posts:
- Sous Vide For Beginners (our introduction)
- Sous Vide Starter Kit (our accessories)
- Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin (last week)
Sous Vide Turkey Breast (2 ways)
Now that we are on with our third recipe in the Sous Vide, we want to be able to experiment with it and add extra flavours to the turkey. So, what we did was season it 2 different ways once it had come out of the water bath.
You could also do the same with any meat or fish or vegetables that you cook Sous Vide.
Sous Vide Turkey Breast Round #1
The first turkey breast was sliced up and seasoned with salt and pepper. It was then tossed in our favourite Air Fryer Mediterranean Vegetables and had some sweetcorn added too. It felt like an AMAZING summer salad that could be done with any salad or vegetables.
Sous Vide Turkey Breast Round #2
The second turkey breast was sliced up and seared in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, this gave us the chance to sear it in our favourite combo of garlic and mustard. You could add any of your favourite seasonings for a similar result.
On a taste test the best version was round #2 as it had been properly seared and we all fought over the last slice of turkey breast.
Next time we cook turkey breast in the Sous Vide, we will be following round #2 but will serve it with the salad that we created in round #1 for the ultimate turkey breast salad with the Sous Vide and the Instant Pot.
The recipe below for Sous Vide turkey breast is based on our favourite choice of Mediterranean vegetables from round 1 with seared turkey breast from round 2. Though you’re welcome to follow our other version and just season your turkey breast with salt and pepper, though its just not as good, in our opinion!
Sous Vide Turkey Breast
- Place the water into your water bath, attach your Sous Vide precision cooker to the water bath. Using your app, set the temperature to 56.5c/133.7f for 3 hours.
- Place the lid on the water bath and wait until it reaches its desired temperature.
- Once at temperature using your hands or tongs, place the sealed turkey breasts into the water bath and place the lid back on.
- When the Sous Vide has 10 minutes left follow my quick recipe for air fryer Mediterranean vegetables. When they are cooked toss in extra sweetcorn and then cook for another 2 minutes.
- When the Sous Vide beeps, using tongs, remove the turkey breast. Use a bowl to remove the excess water, then slice the turkey into medium to thick chunks.
- Put the Instant Pot on the Sauté setting and allow to heat up. Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until they are mixed.
- Throw in the turkey breast and toss them in the sauce for a couple of minutes or until well coated and with some extra colour on the turkey breast.
- Toss the turkey breast in your Mediterranean salad and serve.
Sous Vide Turkey Breast Video
We have made a video showing you step by step as we cook turkey breast in our Sous Vide. It also includes 2 different varieties of Sous Vide turkey breast for you to choose from.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: