Welcome to my Thai Fish Cakes recipe. Done in the Air Fryer they are full of flavour and super crispy.
Fish cakes and I were born to be together. My Grandad was a fisherman and even though he didn’t have much money he always had a LOT of free fish.
I grew up with lots of fish stews, fish cakes, crabs, lobster and various other fish and seafood.
One thing he did a lot was making me homemade fish cakes (don’t worry I will share the recipe at the weekend) he would make them for us girls on a Thursday night and they were absolutely delicious.
Now I keep on with that tradition and I am making fishcakes whenever I get the opportunity. This is my modern version.
Even though I loved his, I also wanted something modern and will have these either in buns (like meatballs) or as a traditional patty.
Fishcakes are incredibly versatile and you can add whatever you like to them while keeping the starting ingredients the same.
You can also make them cheaper with a cheaper type of fish, or make them more expensive for dinner parties with salmon.
By adding a little bit of Thai spice to the recipe you’re giving an old recipe a new life and keeping your entire family happy at the same time.
Serve it with some sweet chilli dip and you have your meal made!!!!
So let’s get fishcake making 🙂
Thai Fish Cakes Air Fryer Style
- Place the white fish in a large pan and cover with milk.
- Place the drained poached fish in a large mixing bowl. Add the seasoning and mash potatoes and mix well. Mash well until free from lumps.
- Add the butter and milk and mix well.
- Form into fishcakes and fridge for 3 hours.
- Cook in the Air Fryer for 15 minutes on a 200c heat.