Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters. The BEST Zucchini Fritters ever cooked in the air fryer. Loaded with zucchini, cheese, spring onion and herbs, they make a quick dump and go air fryer recipe.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters isa delicious Air Fryer Veggie Fritter. Updated after originally posting on RecipeThis.com in December 2015. We hope you love our updated Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters as much as we do!
Best Zucchini Fritters Ever
Ever since the hype a few years ago about zucchini fritters they have been a staple of the Milner house and our diet. They are easy to make, taste stunning, take little preparation time and are perfectly paired with some Air Fryer French Fries.
Dominic always makes them for me on evenings when we are tired and just want some quick food inside us that is not super healthy but isn’t super naughty either.
We originally started making these in the frying pan but once we got our Air Fryer we realised that they were easier to make with less mess.
If you’re looking for a pleaser for the kids, a hangover meal, something simple for breakfast or even an evening snack, then give air fryer zucchini fritters a go as you won’t regret it!
Plus, I am sure they will also become your best zucchini fritters ever.
What Are Zucchini Fritters?
But you might have arrived here at RecipeThis.com wondering exactly what are zucchini fritters? If that is YOU let me fill you in on the delicious recipe that is zucchini fritters.
Zucchini fritters are similar to pancakes. Made with egg, flour and zucchini. They are seasoned with dried herbs and often feature grated cheese too.
There are also many versions that feature corn or leftover rotisserie chicken. Or other leftover foods that you have in your fridge or pantry.
Can Zucchini Fritters Be Made Ahead?
Absolutely! Here in the Milner house we will often make the mixture, place the bowl in the fridge and add them to the air fryer later. Perfect if we are having a lazy day and don’t want to worry about dinner later.
Another option for make ahead zucchini fritters is to cook them in the air fryer, allow them to cool and serve them cold. This makes our zucchini fritters perfect for work lunches, school dinners, picnics on the beach and even serving as party food.
Zucchini Fritters For Toddlers
Jorge is 3 later this year and his favourite food throughout his toddler and weaning phase has been zucchini fritters. He loves his zucchini fritters so much that he will go back for seconds and thirds and then complain they are all gone.
In my opinion, zucchini fritters for toddlers is the ideal food. That is because they can grab it easily with their hands and it is easy for them to eat and digest.
You can also alter the zucchini fritters for corn fritters, carrot fritters and so many other varieties too.
What To Dip Zucchini Fritters In?
According to Jorge, zucchini fritters need sauce. In the eyes of my 2 year old this means any sauce he likes that is in the door of the fridge.
This could be barbecue sauce, tomato ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise.
But for us parents we love our zucchini fritters with some mayonnaise. It is simple and requires little effort for dinner via the air fryer.
How To Make Zucchini Fritters?
The art of making zucchini fritters is a simple one. It is like making pancakes and you simply add your ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
I recommend starting with grating the zucchini and removing any excess water.
Dumping the rest of the zucchini fritter ingredients into the bowl and mixing well with your hands until you have a fritter batter.
You can then load them into the air fryer and cook them on a medium heat.
- How To Make Zucchini Fritters Crispy? With the air fryer of course. The air fryer naturally crisps your food making it a better choice to make zucchini fritters in the air fryer rather than in a frying pan.
- Why Are My Zucchini Fritters Falling Apart? This is because you have too much water and not enough of a binding force in your zucchini fritters. This might be because you didn’t remove enough water from the zucchini, or you need more flour and less egg.
- Why Are My Zucchini Fritters Soggy? This is because the zucchini is too wet, and you haven’t removed enough of the water from the zucchini. Next time you make Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters remember to squeeze more water from the zucchini and your zucchini fritters will be much better.
- Zucchini Fritters With Cheese? When I cook zucchini fritters, I always add cheese. Any hard cheese will work very well. Our favourite to add is white cheddar, but parmesan or edam will work well too.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
When making air fryer zucchini fritters, you do so in a similar way as you would if you were making zucchini fritters in a frying pan.
- Zucchini fritter ingredients are mixed and prepped in a mixing bowl just like they would normally be.
- But then instead of cooking your zucchini fritters in the frying pan, you would air fry them instead.
- I recommend that you use an air fryer grill pan for doing this as it will stop the zucchini fritters from sticking to the air fryer basket and it makes it easier for serving your zucchini fritters.
- Also, remember not to overcrowd your air fryer zucchini fritters. We cook 4 at a time and this works perfectly.
- We also recommend a 5 minute preheat prior to cooking your air fryer zucchini fritters for the best results.
MORE Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes
I love cooking vegetables in the air fryer. Zucchini though this one of my all time favourites. Living in Portugal it is readily available and known as courgette like it is in most of Europe.
Here are a few more Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes:
- Air Fryer Zucchini Burgers
- Air Fryer Zucchini Vegetarian Meatballs
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Veggie Fries
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Preheat the air fryer to 180c/360f.
- Grate the zucchini making sure to remove any excess moisture.
- Put the plain flour into a bowl and add the seasoning.
- Whisk the egg and milk and then add to the flour to make a smooth creamy batter.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Add in the zucchini and the spring onion.
- Mix well.
- If the batter isn’t very thick then add more flour and cheese to it until it is of a reasonable thick pancake like mixture.
- Make them into small burger shapes and place in the Air Fryer.
- 1Cook on a 180c/360f temperature for 6 minutes or until fully cooked.
- 1Serve them with a good dollop of mayonnaise.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: